When you read the benefits of aerobic exercise, it’s a no brainer to include steady state cardio or circuit training between 120-130 bpm for 25+ mins in your workouts.
- Decreased risk of injury (esp in late stages of games)
- Less stress & anxiety
- Better memory and recall as well as ability to learn new motor patterns
- Increased ability to recover from bursts of activity
- Improved heart health and efficiency
- Lower rate of glycogen depletion during exercise
- Better sleep quality
Try a heart rate monitor or measure easily using a watch and feeling your pulse for how many beats you have for 15s and then multiplying by 4. Include this at least 2x/week and build on your endurance gradually and with at least a day in between bouts to avoid overuse type scenarios. Running, swimming, biking, rowing, a circuit of exercises, its really your choice so mix it up and have fun!